Periodontal problems in horses are rapidly increasing, with many cases being beyond restoration. You can help prevent and modify this pathologie.
- Just as your own, horses teeth need routine hygienic management.
- Tooth paste for sensitive gums, can be used to control bacteria and promote healthy gums.
- A brush made for false teeth is a good size and suitable for horses.
- Have your horse dentist check for gum resolvement and tartar build up.
- Avoid acid building foods, such as silage, sweets, dusty and mouldy foods.
WATCH THIS SECTION FOR MORE TIPS AND ANSWERS TO YOUR WELCOMED QUESTIONS
[Video courtesy of www.doctorhorse.it]